are you in need of a full body reset?
Whether it be boosting your immune system, improving your gut health, getting your glow back or increasing your energy levels; a sustainable cleanse is the way to go! To cleanse is to to support your body in its natural detox abilities. A cleanse alleviates the toxic load pressure on your body, allowing all it's systems to perform their best, and for you to feel & look your best.
Our bodies perform a natural detox by design. That’s what the liver, the colon, and so many other organs and processes are programmed to do. However, our bodies are inundated with so many pollutants on a daily basis, it’s important to aid your body’s natural detoxification.
Instead of opting for an extreme juice or liquid cleanse (which will deplete your energy and body from all the nutrients it needs), we believe that cleansing with whole foods is more effective and sustainable.
Our simple guidelines, focused on cleansing the liver, are designed to restore your energy & vitality, make your skin glow, improve your sleep & digestion and assist in balancing your weight.
1. ditch the junk
- Coffee (substitute with tea - green tea and matcha being the best options)
- Refined sugar and sweeteners
- Wheat & gluten
- Red Meat
- Bad Fats: trans fats found in vegetable oils (example: canola oil)
- Processed and packaged foods
2. opt for a natural, whole-foods based diet
- Seasonal veggies: include as many leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables as possible (think broccoli, kale, cauliflower)
- Eat foods that support liver function such as root vegetables (beets, sweet potatoes, apples, etc)
- Fresh fruit: berries and citrus are our go-to
- Gluten free grains: quinoa, steal cut oatmeal, brown rice, buckwheat, and amaranth
- Nuts & seeds
- High quality fish (stay away from farmed fish)
- Organic eggs and chicken
- Use ghee butter, coconut (or MCT) oil, avocado oil, extra-virgin olive oil in your cooking
- Add fermented foods into your diet (think fermented veggies, miso, and vegan yogourt - make sure it's not filled with processed sugar or any fillers!)
- Use herbs and spices to add flavour - our detox favs are: turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, and ginger
3. key wellness tips & tricks
- Start each morning with a tall glass of lukewarm lemon water to cleanse your body - then follow it with The Super Elixir & a mug of matcha, instead of coffee. More on this ideal routine below...
- Sweat: exercise for at least 30 minutes each day (this can be as simple as taking a walk)
- Hydrate! Aim to drink at least 2 litres of filtered water a day. We also love including herbal teas for extra cleansing benefits. Such as dandelion tea which is a diuretic and is very beneficial for the body.
- SLEEP. Commit to 7-8 hours of sleep every night. This will allow your body to regenerate new cells, which is important while detoxifying. I love using the TruMarine Collagen + Magnesium before bed as it calms the body & fulfills your daily need of magnesium, a crucial mineral!
- Take care of your emotional self: review your primary foods & find your self-love routine
- Take an epsom salt bath a few times a week
- Have you had an infared sauna experience? Or try a steam room whenever you can!
- Challenge yourself to avoid alcohol for a month
- Dry brush: this helps revitalize cells, improves circulation, and unclogs dead skin cells that cannot function properly
my recommended supplements to support your cleanse
- The Super Elixir Alkalyzing Greens: This light & fresh, easy to drink greens formula will assist your liver in cleansing itself on the daily. Plus, it will aid your body's good functionality by improving your digestion, circulation, energy levels, complexion and serotonin levels.
- Curtonic Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Tincture: Filled with turmeric and ginger, this tonic will assist your body in lowering inflammation and deepening your detox.
- Sleep Welle Calming Tea: This relaxing tea is an all-natural sleep-aid made with an effective blend of herbs that help you sleep better, stress less, and calm anxiety. This soothing & delicious tea will improve your sleep patterns during the cleanse.
- Sedatonic Calming Tincture: This tincture is an effective sleeping aid composed of Ashwagandha. This adaptogenic herb helps relieve environmental anxiety and stress by reducing cortisol and blood-sugar levels. This supplement can help you relax and fall asleep more easily during the cleanse - both important during a detox.
- Matcha Misto + TruMarine Collagen: Instead of reaching for your typical cup of coffee, which increases your stress levels & acidity in the body, reach for a mug of matcha! Loaded with antioxidants, amino acids, fibre, and chlorophyll, matcha has an abundance of health and detoxifying benefits. It's a natural energy booster and beauty enhancer. Trade that coffee for some healthy energy and avoid the typical afternoon crash.
- Belly Behave Probiotic + Digestive Enzyme: Support your system with probiotics which are key for gut detoxification. Digestive enzymes aid the proper absorption of nutrients, insuring you get all the benefits from the whole-foods you are consuming.
- Pick your targeted support with Rejuv: Craving extra support for your specific needs? Then Rejuv supplements are what you need! Personally, I recommend the Sea & Soil Super Greens, Thermo Metabolic Support, and the Water Flo Complex. Each support full body cleansing, detox & so much more.
*Remember that supplements should be guided by a health care practitioner, we are all different and have different needs. When in doubt, ask me! Don’t hesitate to reach out with your questions by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us @globalglowofficial
my post cleanse tips
There is no perfect time frame to cleanse body, spirit and mind. Ideally, keep it up for at least 28 days to give your body the chance to go full cycle. After 28 das you will naturally feel like keeping it up for longer and will even want to transition some of these tips into a lifestyle. This way of eating and living will help you feel lighter and more energetic – try to keep those good vibes going!
Remember, a healthy gut is key and detoxing is best approached as a journey, not a sprint. Compromised gut health reduces your capacity for metabolic detoxification. Be sure to focus on adding nutrient dense foods, plant fibre, and healthy fats while crowding out sugar, dairy, commercial flour and anything processed.