We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
This velvety green vegetable soup is hearty, healing & healthy. Packed with immune boosting superfood’s this recipe will soothe the soul & satisfy your hunger. Perfect for those cooler autumn nights, a warming veggie soup truly hits the spot! This creamy bowl of comfort is vegan, dairy free, gluten free & made with only good stuff, but most importantly it’s so delicious, simple & quick to prepare!
Immune Boosting | Anti-Inflammatory | Antioxidant Packed
Prep Time: 15 min | Serves 4-6 people
- 1 organic cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- 1 bag of organic spinach
- 1 box of dried mixed mushrooms (medley of porcini, chanterelle, shiitake, portobello & oyster mushrooms) or you can use 70g (2.5oz) of fresh exotic mushrooms
- 3 large garlic cloves
- A bunch of fresh thyme
- 4 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- Salt & pepper to taste
This tasty blend of exotic mushrooms is from @ponderosamushrooms. This carton contains 14g (.5oz) of dried mushrooms which is equivalent to 70g (2.5oz) of fresh mushrooms. Although common mushrooms like white button or cremini do contain some valuable nutrients, they are not as nutrient dense as the more potent species are, such as shiitake & oyster. So be sure to opt for a mix of exotic mushrooms for the ultimate healing benefits!
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 2 cups of water for 20 minutes. Set aside a few of the dried mushrooms to garnish the soup at the end
- Heat the broth over the stove and boil the cauliflower florets until soft. In the last minute, add the spinach to the broth to wither.
- In a Vitamix, or blender, blend the broth with the veggies and add the soaked mushrooms along with the flavourful water. Add the fresh thyme, garlic and salt & pepper to taste.
- Blend on high until velvety smooth.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and remaining dried mushrooms.
Keep your immunity in check:
- MUSHROOMS: For thousands of years, mushrooms have been used across cultures to help boost the immune system and fight off colds and flu. Mushrooms are one of the only and best sources of vegan vitamin D supplementation. Mushrooms contains key minerals such as manganese, selenium, zinc and the “master antioxidant” ergothioneine. These powerful little shrooms are packed with enzymes that help in better absorbing our food.
- CAULIFLOWER: Did you know that only 1 cup of cauliflower has 77% of the daily recommenced does of Vitamin C? Cauliflower is very low in calories yet high in vitamins. Packed with fibre, antioxidants, minerals & a plethora of vitamins, you can count on cauliflower to give your body the immune boost it needs!
- GARLIC: Good ol’ garlic is not only loved for its divine taste but it is commonly used as an antiseptic, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal agent. It helps the body fight infections, resist and destroy viruses by boosting the immune system. The powerful antioxidant properties of garlic will reduce cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure & regulate blood sugar levels. You truly can never have too much garlic…
- SPINACH: A serious superfood, spinach comes packed with amazing nutrition. This green leafy vegetable has Vitamins A, B, C and K, very few calories, calcium, iron and beta carotenoids. It is truly one of the best foods for your immunity! Spinach is a great well-balanced muscle builder, loaded with nutritious minerals, including folate, iron and lutein. It is also a great source of plant-based Omega-3s. Spinach contains healthy doses of phytonutrients, natural chemicals which have anti-inflammatory properties and help ward off diseases and germs, aka, great for your immune system!
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.