We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Motherhood is not a role that begins and ends. It isn’t finite, or something we can put on the shelf in our mind until we are ready to get into it. Motherhood just IS. The caring, the fretting, the worrying, the willingness to continuously thrive to improve what we already do… it’s just something inherent in the role itself. It was a true blessing to have discovered the KIDS Super Elixir Nourishing Protein. It’s so much more than just a delicious protein snack. It has opened up a new realm of possibilities for the the way in which we optimise our children’s health and wellness. With its specially formulated combination of super vital nutrients, and without any added wheat, dairy, soy, eggs or nuts, it actually pleases even the fussiest taste buds!
I’m so excited about this yummy cacao protein powder because it is an ideal candidate for the growth and development of our kids. Moms can feel good about using it in smoothies, as well as in baking because it supports healthy brain development, organ function, muscle repair, as well as a healthy immune system. Here’s a fun recipe that seems to be quite the junior palate crowd pleaser! Let me know what you think… it’s a staple in my home for certain…
Prep time: 15 mins
Makes 8 Snack Balls
- 1 scoop Super Kids Chocolate Protein
- 1/2 cup toasted whole hazelnuts
- 2 1/2 tsp ground white chia seeds
- 5 jaffa dates
- 3 tbs boiling water
- 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbs organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa (reserve for garnish)
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of puffed quinoa and reserve for garnish later.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a skillet over medium heat until the skin starts to flake off and they turn golden brown. Be sure to stir them often so they toast evenly! Let cool several minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the dates and 3 tbs of boiling water. Cover to let the dates soften.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients, including the soften dates and any water remaining in the bowl. Pulse.
- Blend on high until a smooth paste is formed.
- Use a soup spoon to portion the mixture into ping pong sized balls and roll each portion in a circular motion between the palm of your hands.
- One at a time, place a ball in the bowl of puffed quinoa and swirl until the puffs have stuck to the ball. Repeat until each ball is covered.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week in the fridge or freeze up to 3 months.
Super Facts on the Super Kids chocolate nourishing protein:
- The PRE & PROBIOTICS support digestion and a healthy gut pH balance.
- Secret BROCCOLI
helps supporting fibre and folic acid intake, and is a great source of vitamins A, B-complex and C.
- Formulated with ORGANIC, all-PLANT ingredients and bursting with essential vitamins and nutrients your kids’ bodies crave.
- Protein is vital for brain development, organ function, muscle repair and a healthy immune system, making it crucial for growth and development during childhood.
It is such a privilege to collaborate with @priscilaskitchen, an amazing food coach, recipe developer, blogger, entrepreneur and mom, from Montreal. Her mission is to bring back FUN in the kitchen by sharing food knowledge and empowering kitchen confidence.
Image credit: @karolinajez