We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Turn your zucchinis, fresh from the market, into the best knock-off pasta dish! Using a spiralizer, create your favorite courgetti pasta. It’s a great way to increase your vegetable intake, while adding vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants to your meal and shaving the calories away.
1 cup of zucchini = 25 calories
1 cup of pasta = 225 calories… what team are you on?
- 1 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 yellow zucchinis
- 2 green zucchinis
- 1 lbs. of peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp
- ¼ cup of dry white wine
- ¼ cup of organic vegetable broth
- 1 lemon
- Chopped, fresh parsley
- Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Spiralize zucchini at desired noodle size. Set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add shrimp, and stir until pink.
- Poor in white wine, vegetable broth, red pepper flakes and the juice of ½ lemon to skillet and let simmer.
- Add zoodles to skillet and stir with tongs for 2-3 minutes, until slightly soften.
- Serve and garnish with salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley to taste.
- General rule of thumb: 1 zucchini = 1 serving
- Don’t overcook the zoodles!! They can easily get soggy… Just like pasta, you want them al dente.
- The versatility of this meal is absolutely amazing! I personally love adding shrimp to this recipe, but feel free to mix it up a little and throw in some fresh tomato sauce and basil, topped with parmesan shavings. It is the perfect pasta-substitute meal!
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.
Image credit: @patriciabrochuphotographe