We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Swap that movie night popcorn for a savory bowl of crispy kale chips. Over the last decade, Kale has gained much attention from the health and wellness community, and with good reason. Kale lovers know that eating kale yields good health karma, as it delivers its benefits in spades.
The nutritional value of baked kale is far superior to the average potato chip. With low amounts of calories, fat and sodium and high amounts of vitamins and minerals, kale chips are the perfect snack to reach for next time you crave a crunchy treat.
Guilt-free snacking at its best!
Swap that movie–night popcorn for a deep bowl of fresh kale chips.
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 large head of kale leaves, stripped and removed from stem
- 3 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tsp. of turmeric
- 1tsp. of ground garlic powder
- Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground pepper
- Set oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Strip kale leaves from stems and thoroughly wash (preferably with a cleaning vegetable spray).
- Rip leaves into small bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix kale with olive oil, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Lay leaves evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until leaves are slightly crisp and roasted.
- Wanna spice it up a little? Add some crushed red pepper flakes to the mix for extra flavour.
- I always line my baking sheet with parchment paper. This is a huge time saver when it comes to cleaning the dishes.
Health Benefits of Kale:
- Kale is high in fiber and water, both of which help prevent constipation and promote a HEALTHY GUT
- Extremely nutrient-dense food
- Loaded with Antioxidants
- Contains vitamins B and C, which promote iron absorption
- Helps lower cholesterol
- An excellent Vitamin K
Image credit: @patriciabrochuphotographe