We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Are you banana breaded out yet? Well we’ve got one last recipe for you that will beat all of your other banana bread creations! Trust us, this one is different & totally worth it! Rich in flavour, this nutrient dense, moist & ever so satisfying healthy banana bread will keep you asking for more! No wonder everyone is going crazy for banana bread right now, it is an irresistibly perfect snack! Warm it up & slather on your favourite nut butter, et voilà you have the ultimate comforting & healthy snack!
What you need:
Prep time: 15 mins | Bake: 55-60 mins
- 4 very ripe bananas (look for lots of brown spots)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup of shredded flax seeds
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of organic raw coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons gluten free rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 F & line an 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper
- Mash the bananas and mix in all the wet ingredients, whisk until smooth
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, blend until well incorporated
- Fold the batter evenly in the lined load pan
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds, dark chocolate chips & oats over top
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, remove and let cool slightly before serving
- Storage: cover and store the banana bread on your kitchen counter, or slice & easily freeze in an air tight Ziploc bag, to be reheated & enjoyed later!
JK’s TIP: With any recipe you could sub out up to 1/3 cup of coconut oil for MCT Oil for extra nutritional value! However, I wouldn’t recommend baking with MCT Oil over 350F due to its medium heat point index, meaning if it gets too hot it could become rancid!
This recipe is Global Glow Approved
- Greek Yogurt: Although yogurt does have dairy, which we normally avoid, a little bit every once in a while is absolutely fine! It’s all about balance! Greek yogurt is touted as a gut healthy food and is loaded with probiotics, calcium & protein! Be sure to opt for a greek yogurt without added sugars or flavouring and you’re good to go!
- Flax Seeds: Known as one of the world’s healthiest foods, flax seeds are truly a nutritional powerhouse with nearly endless benefits! Flax seeds balance hormones, aid digestion, promote supple skin, support heart health, and are loaded with fiber, omega 3’s, protein & antioxidants!