We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Spring has sprung! Time to turn over a new leaf!
Spring is a natural time for renewal, it is the perfect opportunity to clear away toxins so the body can refresh and rejuvenate after an oh so long winter season. Over the long winter months I’m sure some of us overindulged in comfort foods, perhaps let our workout routines slide, and fell victim to stubborn winter colds. That’s all behind us! Spring is the season of hope, fresh starts & new beginnings! Now, think of your body as coming out of hibernation, it is truly ready to shed some layers & turn over a new leaf!
Here at Global Glow, our goal is to help you reach optimal health by adopting a sustainable detox lifestyle, all while staying balanced and enjoying life’s every pleasure!
Want to shed some winter weight, clarify your mindset, eliminate inflammation, or boost your energy levels? Whatever your goal is a spring detox will benefit your body in incredible ways! Let’s embark on this path of renewal together!
We know that our bodies work hard to naturally eliminate toxins, and they’re pretty great at it! But we don’t live in a perfect world, in fact our world can be pretty dirty in terms of pollution & toxins. So our bodies need a bit of a boost to build up our natural defenses, such as maintaining a strong & well functioning immune system!
A detox is like a gift we can give to our body to help it out & reduce the stress it is typically under while fighting off external stressors & toxins. Keep in mind a detox isn’t about restricting or overly eliminating, it is about letting go of what you don’t need & adding more of what your body does need!
Step 1: Cleanse your Diet
- Follow an Alkaline Lifestyle: the basis of this lifestyle switch, not “diet”, is following a healthy eating style that minimizes acidity in your body and aids your body in keeping a balanced PH. Discover what to eat & what to avoid here!
- Try Intermittent Fasting: I’ve been incorporating IF in my routine lately. I’ll finish dinner around 8pm and then not eat again until 11am or 12pm the next day depending on my schedule. When you fast, the longer digestive period allows your body to better get rid of the toxins from your previous meal. The ideal time period to fast is 12 to 16 hours, but just do whatever works best for you given your busy schedule!
- Start your day right: The first thing you put into your body to literally break the fast is crucial, so start with liquids to flush & restart your body for the day! Begin your day with an alkalising formula in a big glass of water, such as The Super Elixir Alkalising Greens to set your system right! The Super Elixir even helps prevent stubborn spring time allergies! Sniffles & sneezes be gone! Then I like to have warm water with lemon throughout the day to boost immunity, get in my vitamin C & get my digestion going! Note that even while practicing IF, I will still have my Super Elixir in the morning as it is not a meal replacement but rather an alkaline blend of whole food nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, pro & pre biotics.
- Support detox with each bite: Did you know that the liver and kidneys serve as the body’s filtration system? They are crucial in cleansing waste from your body! Help them out by incorporating these foods in your routine: parsley, cilantro, dandelion root, licorice root, cayenne pepper, turmeric, red pepper, garlic, lemon, lime, grapefruit, seaweed, beets, cruciferous vegetables, and milk thistle.
- Sip Smart: Here’s an extra detox boost that will help you get in all the good stuff while getting rid of the bad: The Detoxifying Liver Tonic Super Booster is a supplement powder you can simply mix into a glass of water or add directly to your daily glass of Super Elixir for a tasty & refreshing tonic! It’s recommended to take the 14 day cure in order to fully reap the many benefits. This delicious passionfruit & peach flavour supplement has a blend of botanicals and adaptogens, such as dandelion, turmeric & milk thistle and is specially formulated to support the body’s natural liver cleansing and detoxification processes!
- Eat more! Yes, you read that right, eating more is a core component of the Global Glow Approach. By eating more hearty & healthy food you will naturally crowd out the unhealthy food in your diet, allowing your body to detox properly!
- Listen to your body: At Global Glow, we are firm believers in listening and understanding our body’s cravings. As you begin following our detox steps, your body will initially protest and crave the unhealthy treats you’re not supposed to have, but soon enough it will learn to desire healthy & fresh ingredients! Go ahead & indulge your cravings so they don’t take over you, just healthify them! Find some tasty inspiration here…you’re welcome!
Step 2: Cleanse your Body
Movement is key for cleansing. It just makes sense! But to sweat or not to sweat that is the question…turns out there is no wrong answer as long as you keep moving!
- Walk it Out: Physical activity doesn’t need to be complicated or leave you exhausted & drenched in sweat. Something as simple as a daily walk has incredible benefits like reducing stress, improving mood, boosting metabolism, helping your body digest & promoting lymphatic drainage in the body!
- Twist & Shout: Yoga is excellent to get your energy flowing, stretch your body & let it release. Because yoga focuses on your breathing it oxygenates your body, meaning with your breath you can squeeze out toxins. Practice twist poses to allow your body to release & find your balance!
- Get Brushing: Dry brushing with a towel or brush tool, before a shower, stimulates lymphatic drainage, promotes good circulation and enhances elimination through our body’s largest organ—the skin!
- Work it out: During a detox, you don’t want to push your body too hard since it is undergoing many changes, but try to incorporate a few of your favorite higher intensity workouts a couple times a week! Exercise will kick start the natural detox process since it flushes out the lungs, pumps up blood flow and leaves you feeling exhilarated!
- SWEAT: Sweating is crucial for eliminating harmful compounds that may build up in our bodies. To promote sweat, you can use an infrared sauna, take a hot yoga class, or exercise with extra layers to help increase your body temperature and your presperation!
Step 3: Cleanse your Mind
Our minds get toxic too, the constant stress of everyday life can lead to mental & physical health disorders. Your mindset is critical to develop sustainable healthy habits! Take these simple steps to detox your mind:
- Treat Yourself: the right way! Learn to listen to your body and its needs. If your body is crying out for rest, let it rest. However, if it is crying out for a slice of chocolate cake, hear it out and opt for a few pieces of dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao) instead. But be sure to keep an eye on your sugar intake!
- Detox Your Self Talk: Check in with yourself and how you communicate with you! Would you talk to your best friend or grandmother the same way? Show yourself the same love you so generously give to others. Make a point of hearing how you speak to yourself & change the conversation. Quiet that mean girl that we have in the back of our heads!
- Remind yourself: Don’t think of a detox as a chore, but rather as a healing experiment for your body, a mission you & your body are embarking on together! Embrace the opportunity to become more aware of your good & bad habits and attitudes, and to challenge them. In just a few days you will be feeling the benefits of your body detoxing, you will have more energy, less inflammation, improved mood, and an optimistic sense of renewal!
- De-clutter: It’s spring cleaning time! Your surroundings can drastically impact your mood, a clean space equals a clean mind. Detox your home of what doesn’t serve you good and what doesn’t bring you joy of course, be sure to recycle or donate! Plus, along with clutter comes dust which aggravates your spring allergies even more!
- Practice Mindfulness: Find a form of meditation that works for you, try an app like Headspace or explore Youtube for countless options. Take pauses during your day to become more aware of your body (how its feeling) and your mind (what it’s thinking). Give yourself a few minutes of calm every day, you deserve it! Take a pause right now: take a deep breath in and out…
“A healthy spring detox is your opportunity to wake up your body to the spring season, to spring into action and spring clean your body & your life!”
- The Super Elixir Greens: this light & fresh, easy to drink formula will assist your liver in cleansing itself and will aid your body’s good functionality by improving your digestion, circulation, energy levels, complexion and serotonin levels.
- The Detoxifying Liver Tonic Super Booster: Made with a blend of botanicals and adaptogens specially formulated to support the body’s natural liver cleansing and detoxification processes, this tonic is the key behind the ultimate detox!
- The Curtonic: filled with turmeric and ginger, this tonic will assist your body in lowering inflammation and deepen your detox.
- The Fortified Calming Tea: this calming tea is an all-natural sleep-aid with an effective blend of herbs that help you sleep better, stress less, and calm anxiety. This very soothing calming tea can improve your sleep patterns during the cleanse.
- The Sedatonic Calming Tincture: this tincture is an effective sleeping aid composed of ashwagandha. This adaptogenic herb helps relieve environmental anxiety and stress by reducing cortisol and blood-sugar levels. This supplement can help you relax and fall asleep more easily during the cleanse – both important during a detox.
- The TruOrganic Matcha: instead of reaching for your typical cup of joe, try opting for matcha. Loaded with antioxidants, amino acids, fibre, and chlorophyll, consuming matcha has an abundance of health and detoxifying benefits. It’s a natural energy booster and beauty enhancer. Trade that coffee for some healthy energy and avoid the typical afternoon crash.
- Support your system with pre & probiotics which are key for gut detoxification. To learn more about inulin containing foods, refer to our blog: Wanted – Good Bacteria.
- Discover even more specific steps you can implement in your daily life to detox in our End of Summer Cleanse Guide!
Check out our RECIPE section for some easy cooking ideas!
Let me help you live your best life.
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.