We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
What is Lost in Skination ?
Let me introduce you to my friend Fabienne Zeitoun, Founder of Lost in Skination.
This Parisian born beauty is the real deal! Her knowledge & multiple work experiences with some of the industry’s moguls, makes Fabienne the ultimate voice in beauty.
When it comes to discovering new products or simply finding what’s best for my needs, this A-lister is my number one go to. Fabienne’s authenticity & integrity defines this beauty expert.
After 15 years in Beauty Marketing, Fabienne recently launched Lost in Skination.
Amidst the hundreds of skincare brands, dizzying variations in terminology, thousands of products and ingredients, countless medical findings (some proven, some not), so many beauty influencers and gurus, expert advice, reviews, and new concepts by the millions, it’s no wonder we can feel lost.
Aren’t we all seeking the same thing? To feel and to look good?
Lost in Skination is the light tower in your skincare abyss. Here, you are no longer lost. Here, you can search for all your answers and share your own experience without judgement.
1. How did your passion for skincare begin?
At age 5, like many girls at that age, I played with dolls. But unlike most of them, I slathered my dolls with face cream and prescribed them an array of skincare regimens, waiting for change to ensue… they didn’t really change 😉
This is what it was like growing up in a Parisian family laden with dermatologists who are obsessed with skin creams. It didn’t take me long to convert my bathroom into a lab, all ready for experimentation and analyses. Through observation, my passion quickly became an obsession. Years later, at age 20, I began my marketing career in France. For 15 years, I was blessed to work in famed beauty powerhouses like L’Oreal, Estée Lauder, Creme de la Mer, Guerlain and Valmont in Canada.
I should also mention that as a French woman, I believe that true beauty begins with the skin; it should glow, be soft and healthy. Taking care of our skin is part of what makes us pretty. Feeling pretty is also about feeling strong. Given that it drives so much of our efforts, beauty is what inspires me. Immediately upon meeting someone, I see their skin and ask myself what it would take to improve it… it’s my thing.
2. Being an expert in skincare & the beauty world, what is the latest piece of advice you have learned in the field?
I have lots, but if I had to zero in on one I would say: it all comes down to balance. You will have healthy skin if you eat well – a precious cornerstone of Global Glow, use good products, follow good hygiene, and especially if you accept yourself fully and are happy. Face cream alone doesn’t yield positive results.
I recently interviewed Danuta Mieloch, founder of Rescue Spa in NYC, and her mantra is: « Love yourself and the skin you are in ». When you stand in front of the mirror you need to fully accept your skin. I believe in sending positive energy to yourself, this is what sets you up for success.
3. What do you think will be the biggest beauty trends for summer 2019?
Protection all over. If you want to age gracefully protect your skin.
I wrote an article on sun protection so that people could understand how it actually works. I spend my summers in the shade under a hat and an umbrella. I never leave the house without my Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense FPS 50, Coola Classic Liplux Organic Lip Balm Sunscreen SPF 30, Supergoop Shimmershade SPF30 and recently, I started using a dry shampoo for colored hair with UV protection. This last one keeps the brassiness at bay. You must be thinking that I’m super pale… I’m so pale, which brings me to my next point…
Glow as you go… We all like to chase that sun-kissed, radiant, natural glow. You can achieve it safely by exfoliating, hydrating well, adding auto-bronzing booster drops to your lotion, such as Clarins Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster, and using a highlighter.
4.What are your top 5 skincare products for the summer?
- Biologique Recherche P50 PIGM 400, it’s the Cadillac of soft exfoliants. It’s literally a magic potion… Jesus in a bottle… it will give you that baby-soft skin. Check out my article on it, it’s insanely amazing!
- The Authentic Serums from Biologique Recherche; I smell soy sauce and a faint fishy odour when I apply it but it makes my skin look better than ever.
- Black Gold Supreme Coffee Scrub. It’s a body exfoliant, which is a must in the summer. This brand is clean and 100% Canadian. I love it.
- Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 Protect and Perfect. I mentioned earlier about sun protection and a sun-kissed glow – this does both!
- And for that year-round cherry on top… A dermaroller by Nannette de Gaspé. I wrote an article on dermarollers and the science reveals it’s a dermatological secret weapon for achieving firmer skin and an markedly improved cutaneous barrier.
5. What is your take on Clean beauty?
The term ‘Clean Beauty’ gets thrown around a lot these days, and it means something different to everyone. The beauty industry is staggeringly under-regulated and being conscious about what we put on our body is crucial. Having worked in beauty for 15 years gives me a leg up. I know that this debate cannot be as simple as natural vs chemical. It is important to be aware of ingredients, but the problem is that we tend to simplify the game. Skincare is a science. Some ingredients are healthy at 0,01% – unhealthy at 1%. Same goes for parabens; lots are healthy and the rumour that they aren’t is based on an unsubstantiated scientific study. Once the damage is done, there’s no going back and the fear is victorious. There is no scientific evidence that the concentration of” bad” ingredients in our cosmetics will cause hormone disruption.
With Lost in Skination, I say yes to effective, safe, natural AND synthetic ingredients. It is a question of balance in the formula. YES to science.
Skin is the only vital organ that renews itself every 24 days. I learn everyday, we learn everyday… together.
6. What is your best advice to attain a glowing complexion?
- Exfoliate to get rid of those dead skin cells, but don’t overdo it. Your skin will thank you.
- Moisturize properly: pat on a hyaluronic acid serum with damp fingers to drive moisture deep into skin. Then layer a moisturizer with powerful emollients, they will create a thin transparent film that will help skin cells lie flat and reflect light better.
- Relax. Stress takes an awful toll on the skin.
- Adopt the Global Glow lifestyle!
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.