We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Are you in need of an end of summer cleanse?
September is the perfect time to cleanse your body. After the summer, which was probably filled with indulgent dinner parties (and more alcohol consumption than the usual), it’s time to eat cleaner, get rid of toxins, get active, and get back on track! Fall is a natural time of transition, and these detox tips help your immune system and body prepare to be strong and healthy for the colder months to come.
Your body is a wonderland – it’s built to naturally detoxify itself every day. Instead of opting for an extreme juice or liquid cleanse (which could deplete your energy and body from all the nutrients it needs), we believe that cleansing with whole foods is more effective and sustainable.
“Here at Global Glow, we aim to promote optimal health by adopting a detox lifestyle, all while staying balanced and enjoying life’s every pleasure.”
When it comes to cleansing, the liver is one of the organs you want to take the most care of. Our simple guidelines are designed to restore your energy & vitality, make your skin glow, improve your sleep & digestion, and assist in balancing your weight.
Step 1: Ditch the Junk
- Coffee (substitute with tea – green tea and matcha being the best options)
- Refined sugar and sweeteners
- Wheat & gluten
- Red Meat
- Bad Fats: trans fats found in vegetable oils (example: canola oil)
- Processed and packaged foods
Step 2: Opt for a natural, whole-foods based diet
- Seasonal veggies: all the yummy fall veggies + lots of leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables (think broccoli, kale, cauliflower)
- Eat foods that support liver function such as root vegetables (beets, sweet potatoes, apples, etc)
- Fresh fruit: berries and citrus are our go-to
- Gluten free grains: quinoa, steal cut oatmeal, brown rice, buckwheat, and amaranth
- Nuts & seeds
- High quality fish (stay away from farmed fish)
- Organic eggs and chicken
- Use ghee butter, coconut (or MCT) oil, avocado oil, extra-virgin olive oil in your cooking
- Add fermented foods into your diet (think fermented veggies, miso, and vegan yogourt – make sure it’s not filled with processed sugar or any fillers!)
- Use herbs and spices to add flavour – our detox favs are: turmeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, and ginger
Step 3: Wellness Tips & Tricks
- Start each morning with a tall glass of lukewarm lemon water
- Sweat: exercise for at least 30 minutes each day (this can be as simple as taking a walk)
- Hydrate! Aim to drink at least 2 litres of filtered water a day. We also love including herbal teas for extra cleansing benefits (dandelion tea is a diuretic and is very beneficial)
- SLEEP. Commit to 7-8 hours of sleep every night. This will allow your body to regenerate new cells, which is important while detoxifying
- Take care of your emotional self
- Take an epsom salt bath a few times a week
- Get into a sauna (we love SweatFX for an infrared experience) or a steam room whenever you can
- Challenge yourself to avoid alcohol for a month
- Dry brush: this helps revitalize cells, improves circulation, and unclogs dead skin cells that cannot function properly
“Cleanse: It’s a beautiful way to give your body extra love and care.”
- The Super Elixir Greens: this light & fresh, easy to drink formula will assist your liver in cleansing itself and will aid your body’s good functionality by improving your digestion, circulation, energy levels, complexion and serotonin levels.
- The Curtonic: filled with turmeric and ginger, this tonic will assist your body in lowering inflammation and deepen your detox.
- The Fortified Calming Tea: this calming tea is an all-natural sleep-aid with an effective blend of herbs that help you sleep better, stress less, and calm anxiety. This very soothing calming tea can improve your sleep patterns during the cleanse.
- The Sedatonic Calming Tincture: this tincture is an effective sleeping aid composed of ashwagandha. This adaptogenic herb helps relieve environmental anxiety and stress by reducing cortisol and blood-sugar levels. This supplement can help you relax and fall asleep more easily during the cleanse – both important during a detox.
- The TruOrganic Matcha: instead of reaching for your typical cup of joe, try opting for matcha. Loaded with antioxidants, amino acids, fibre, and chlorophyll, consuming matcha has an abundance of health and detoxifying benefits. It’s a natural energy booster and beauty enhancer. Trade that coffee for some healthy energy and avoid the typical afternoon crash.
- Support your system with pre & probiotics which are key for gut detoxification. To learn more about inulin containing foods, refer to our blog: Wanted – Good Bacteria.
Post Cleanse Tips
There is no time frame to cleanse body, spirit and mind. Ideally, keep it up for at least 28 days to give your body the chance to go full cycle. Most people will naturally feel like keeping it up longer and will even want to transition some of these tips into a lifestyle. This way of eating and living helps people feel lighter and more energetic – try to keep those good vibes going!
Remember, a healthy gut is key and detoxing is best approached as a lifestyle. Compromised gut health reduces your capacity for metabolic detoxification. Focus on adding nutrient dense foods, plant fibre, and healthy fats while crowding out sugar, dairy, commercial flour and anything processed.
Check out our RECIPE section for some easy cooking ideas!
Let me help you live your best life.
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.