We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Meet the deliciously healthy banana oat muffins of your dreams!
Have a few ripe bananas sitting on your kitchen counter? We’ve got just the recipe for you! Introducing our decadently delicious banana oat muffins! They are fluffy yet moist, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, heavenly and as healthy as can be! Bake them up with the kids as a fun family activity, but be careful…they won’t last long! Serve them for breakfast or at snack time, they are the perfect little pick me up along with a matcha latte to beat that mid-afternoon slump! Enjoy them warm and savour these comforting yet nourishing little cups of goodness!
What you need:
Prep time: 15 mins | Makes 12 Muffins
- 4 very ripe bananas (look for lots of brown spots)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (Or MCT Oil – Read JK’s Tip!)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of organic raw coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup gluten-free granola
JK’s TIP: With any recipe you could sub out up to 1/4 cup of coconut oil for MCT Oil for extra nutritional value! However, I wouldn’t recommend baking with MCT Oil over 350 F due to its medium heat point index, meaning if it gets too hot it could become rancid!
- Preheat oven to 325 F & fill a muffin pan with individual cupcake liners
- Mash the bananas and mix in all the wet ingredients, whisk until smooth
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, blend until well incorporated
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Using an ice-cream scoop, or large serving spoon, scoop and drop batter evenly in each muffin liner
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove and let cool slightly before serving
- Sprinkle gluten-free granola over top of each muffin for a satisfying crunch!
- Storage: cover and store these muffins on your kitchen counter, or easily freeze them in an air tight Ziploc bag and to be reheated & enjoyed later!
JK TIP: Beautify your muffins by adding 1/3 cup of Marine Collagen to the dry mixture, for extra nutritional value and nourishing benefits that won’t compromise taste! With one muffin you’ll reach your daily recommended dose of collagen!
This recipe is Global Glow Approved
- Go bananas! Did you know the riper the banana the more antioxidants it has? Bananas are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium of course! Bananas regulate blood sugar levels, are great for the gut, brain & heart!
- Oats are naturally gluten free but sometimes have added wheat, rye or barley, so read your labels! Oats are high in fiber, protein & vitamins such as iron & zinc.
- Personalize it! Have fun with your toppings, sprinkle some unsweetened coconut flakes or even more chocolate chips for those chocolate addicts out there like myself, get creative!