We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Comfort Food at it’s Finest
Warming, hearty, satisfying & nourishing, this soup is a must for those cold & dreary winter days. The perfect warm-me-up, this Leek & Potato Soup is as creamy as can be, but sans cream! It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, good for you and, most importantly, deliciously filling. This is just one of those cozy meals that never fails to please!
Prep Time: 20 min | Serves 6-8 people
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 leeks, chopped
- 2 potatoes diced – I used red potatoes for a touch of sweetness
- 2 tbsp of organic ghee butter
- 4 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 2-3 bay leaves
- A bunch of fresh thyme sprigs
- Pink Himalayan sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- Chopped chives to garnish
If soup is too thick, add more broth or water to desired consistency.
Do not peel the potatoes as removing the skin eliminates nutrients and reduces potassium & vitamin C intake.
- Add the potatoes, broth, bay leaves, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and bring it down to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee butter over medium heat in a large saucepan and sauté the chopped garlic & onion until soft, then add the leeks, stirring regularly until soft, wilted & golden.
- When the potatoes are soft, fish out the bay leaves & thyme sprigs. Carefully pour the broth & potatoes in a Vitamix, and add the leek, garlic & onion mixture. Blend until velvety smooth.
- Alternatively, you can purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives and salt & pepper to taste, enjoy!
- Leeks belong to the same family as garlic, chives and onions! Leeks are nutrient dense & very low in calories, they are a great source of magnesium, Vitamin A, C & K. They also boost high amounts of fiber, copper, Vitamin D6, iron & folate. They offer around twice as much Vitamin C as oranges!
- Leeks are a rich source of antioxidants like polyphenols & sulfur compounds, which both protect the body from disease. They even have antimicrobial & immune boosting properties! Like onions & garlic, leeks contain heart-healthy plant compounds shown to reduce inflammation in the body!
the benefits of LEEKS
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- Improve digestion
- Great for your eyesight
- Protect your heart’s health
- Reduce inflammation in the body
- Immune boosting & anti-microbial
- Strengthen your bones & hair
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.