We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
Healthy & Wholesome Blueberry Beauties!
These are not your average blueberry muffins. Along with being seriously yummy, they pack a serious nutritional punch! These blueberry muffins are golden on top, supremely moist and bursting with juicy berries! Gluten-free, naturally sweetened, heavenly and as healthy as can be, you can feel good about eating one or two, or three… Serve them for breakfast with a generous slather of almond butter, or for snack time along with a matcha latte to beat that mid-afternoon slump, they are the perfect little pick me up!
What you need:
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins | Yields 12 Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (Or MCT Oil – Read JK’s Tip!)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- Unsweetened coconut shreds & gluten-free oats
JK’s TIP: With any recipe you could sub out up to 1/4 cup of coconut oil for MCT Oil for extra nutritional value! However, I wouldn’t recommend baking with MCT Oil over 350 F due to its medium heat point index, meaning if it gets too hot it could become rancid!
- Preheat oven to 350F & fill a muffin pan with individual cupcake liners
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until all combined
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, blend until well incorporated
- Fold in the blueberries
- Using an ice-cream scoop, or large serving spoon, scoop and drop batter evenly in each muffin liner
- Sprinkle coconut shreds & oats on top of each muffin
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove and place muffins on a baking grid individually to let cool. This avoids the moisture from getting trapped in the muffin liner & making them soggy.
- Storage: cover and store these muffins on your kitchen counter, or easily freeze them in an air tight reusable bag ( I love using Stasher bags) and to be reheated & enjoyed later!
JK TIP: Beautify your muffins by adding 1/3 cup of Marine Collagen to the dry mixture, for extra nutritional value and nourishing benefits that won’t compromise taste! With one muffin you’ll strengthen your hair & nails and glow up your skin!
This recipe is Global Glow Approved
- Blueberries help in boosting immunity & the metabolism! Packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids, these little superfoods are super high in Vitamin C & Potassium. Not only can they lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, they are anti-infammatory!
- Quinoa Flour, ever heard of it? Odds are you can find it in your local grocery store! Quinoa flour is an excellent gluten-free option that is loaded with fiber and surprisingly high in protein!
- Personalize it! Have fun with your toppings, sprinkle some unsweetened coconut flakes, granola or even dark chocolate chips for those chocolate addicts out there like myself, get creative!