We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
We might be enjoying our last summer days… but nothing is stopping us from slipping in and out of our #backtoschool rigid routines in favour of a fresh Aperol spritz and a casual BBQ with friends.
Kickstart your fall physique this September and eat on the lighter side of the BBQ bounty!
Try this best kept secret recipe for one of the easiest methods to cook fish; BBQ rockfish en papillote with fennel. Rockfish tastes delicious on the BBQ, but feel free to switch it up for your favourite white fish. Paired with an orzo and fennel salad, this meal will not disappoint.
Cell-Building Benefits | Vitamin D | Lean Protein
Prep time: 25min
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 bulb of fennel (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup of sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup of chopped herbs (chives & parsley)
- 1/2 cup of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of sliced red onion
- 2 cups of shredded kale
- 3 cups cooked orzo
- Fresh sprouts for garnish
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 tsp. lemon balsamic
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup premium extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Salt to taste
For soft, smooth skin, what’s in your kitchen can be just as important as the products in your vanity.
Because SKIN is the largest organ of the body, increasing your intake of super greens and nourishing veggies, helps to balance the acidity in your skin and the alkalinity in your blood. When that balance is achieved, your skin holds moisture and your cells function properly, giving you that RADIANT glow.
- Start by measuring out a piece of aluminium foil and parchment paper, 3 times the size of the fish.
- Place the parchment over the aluminium, centered.
- Use 1/3 of the fennel and scatter it in the middle section of the paper and then place the two filets over top.
- Use 1/3 of the onions, zest & herbs over the fish and sprinkle with salt.
- Add the asparagus between the filets in a nice tight bunch.
- Fold the sides of the aluminium paper together to create a pouch.
- Pour the wine and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil in before completely closing it up.
- On a preheated BBQ grill, place the closed pouch on medium to high heat and let steam for 8-12 min depending on how big your filets are.
- In a large bowl combine the orzo, fennel, radishes, lemon zest, herbs and kale.
- Toss with the balsamic, lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and garnish with the sprouts and some herbs… et voilà!
Fish en Papillote
- This can be done up to 4 hours ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Always rinse your fish in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel before using in a recipe. This washes away any bacteria build up (even on fresh fish) that creates a fishy smell and undesirable taste. Taking the time to do this will result in a better tasting fish!
This recipe is health coach approved:
- Fennel offers many health benefits including relief from anemia, indigestion, flatulence, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Fennel is also known to boost immunity and help with respiratory disorders.
- Rockfish is considered a complete protein equipped with all of the essential amino acids to build our bones, muscles, cartilage, and skin.
It is such a privilege to collaborate with @priscilaskitchen, an amazing food coach, recipe developer, blogger, entrepreneur and mom, from Montreal. Her mission is to bring back FUN in the kitchen by sharing food knowledge and empowering kitchen confidence. JK and PK’s meet up earlier this month was focused around one goal: creating delicious, healthy recipes and having fun while doing it.
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.
Image credit: @moniquephoto