We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
If you are a hummus lover, this Turmeric Citrus Hummus will blow you away. Golden in colour, full of fresh bright flavours and rich with a variety of health benefits, this hummus recipe is so simple and divinely delicious, making it a party staple. Truthfully, this is the kind of recipe you can prepare on a Sunday and enjoy snacking on all week long. Even more exciting is that the taste is so light and bright, it pairs well with whatever’s coming off your grill this summer, so feel free to use it as a fun condiment as well!
Plant Based Protein
Iron | B Vitamins | Antioxidants | Folate
Prep time: 15min
Serves 4-6 people
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toasted pine nuts (for garnish)
- In a blender, or Vitamix, start by adding the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and 1 cup of the chickpeas.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds.
- Add the remaining chickpeas and the turmeric, cumin, garlic, salt & pepper, a drizzle more extra virgin olive oil and blend on high for another 60 seconds or until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with the toasted pine nuts, a sprinkle of salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- If the hummus is too thick, add a bit of cold water, 1 tsp at a time until it’s creamy & smooth.
This recipe is Global Glow Approved
- The chickpea, the true star of this more health conscious dip, garners a plethora of digestive benefits.
- The use of turmeric in the recipe gives this dip major glow cred as turmeric is high in anti-inflammatory properties.
- The use of lemon makes this hummus extra heavenly as it enhances its extra fresh taste as well as a real feel for clean eating.
It is such a privilege to collaborate with @priscilaskitchen, an amazing food coach, recipe developer, blogger, entrepreneur and mom, from Montreal. Her mission is to bring back FUN in the kitchen by sharing food knowledge and empowering kitchen confidence. JK and PK’s meet up earlier this month was focused around one goal: creating delicious, healthy recipes and having fun while doing it.
Stay tuned for more seasonal recipes all summer long…
Live your life. Adopt the Global Glow Lifestyle.