We offer free shipping on all orders over $250.
There is nothing better than a velvety butternut squash soup during the crisp fall & winter months. It is by far one of my family’s favourites and I am all for immune boosting meals when “sneezing season” is upon us… Your first line of defence when it comes to a stronger immune system is to chose a healthy lifestyle comprised of a rich micronutrient diet. We’ve got you covered between the onions, ginger, turmeric & garlic with this one!
Simple and delish, this nutrient rich meal is a definite staple.
Prep time: 30min
- 2 tbsp. of cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. of fresh, grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. of mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp. of turmeric powder
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 can of organic coconut milk
- 4 cups (1 box) of organic vegetable broth
- ¼ cup of shredded pistachios
- Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground pepper
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
- Sesame seeds
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a deep pot, over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic and ginger in melted coconut oil. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped squash, curry and turmeric to the mixture and stir.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk and pistachios.
- Bring to low heat. Cover ingredients and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir ever 2 minutes or so.
- Once cooked, transfer mixture into a Vitamix or blender and puree the soup until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in shallow bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro or parsley and lime.
- I love serving my hot winter soups in warmed dishes. Prior to serving, I put the dishes in the oven at low heat.
Image credit: @patriciabrochuphotographe